Saturday, December 15, 2012

Special Places For Christmas

 
I recently visited Amish Country's
Christmas Store.
 
The staff there graciously gave me permission to take
 some photographs of their gorgeous displays.
 
The iridescent pastel colors of this vintage style village was my favorite.
 


Placing the famous snow baby figurines within vintage style
bottle brush trees and glittered village houses . . . genius!
 

 
 
Flocked pine cones and evergreens
 
 

A sweet snow globe ornament
 


Not very far from Tis The Season
is another shopping treasure --
of Berlin, Ohio.
If I could pick a store to live in,
this would be it.
All my family and friends could 
 call me on the telephone . . .

 
While awing over all of the very feminine gifts and treasures,
I came to this cupboard filled with men's hats.
Charming!
 
Now, how can I get hubby to wear one?
 
 
Where do you like to shop for Christmas?
Amy

2 comments:

  1. Great pics, Amy! I do little Christmas shopping these days. I bake and give things we've made, so maybe my shopping is done at the grocery store! My sons are grown, and my grandchildren have more stuff than they know what to do with. So I give gifts they can eat, with occasionally a book or CD. This year in addition to the homemade treats they'll get a copy of Fed from the Blade, an anthology that includes one of my poems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that little Christmas cottage, it is so pretty. I have a little collection of them and love to bring them out at Christmas time and create a little village.
    The store that you visited looks so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us all x

    ReplyDelete