Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas at My House

 
 I waited a long time for this tree.
Several years ago, I passed on an after-Christmas sale
that featured a white flocked white tree.
 
I fell in love with the velvety look of the white flocking
 on the white branches.  I didn't know it would be
 years before I would see one again.
I passed on the sale and spent the
 next several holiday seasons
looking for this tree.
 
This past October, this white flocked white Christmas tree
 was waiting for me in a Craft 2000 store. 
  I wasn't taking any chances this time around. 
 I didn't even wait for it to go on sale. 
 I paid full price -- something this thrifty gal rarely does.
(Thankfully, Crafts 2000 has great prices.)
 
 
 
Here are some of my favorite ornaments this year.
I love George Washington's homeplace, Mt. Vernon. 
 Each year, the Mt. Vernon
Society issues a new ornament. 
 I picked up this one half-price on a recent visit.
(It's from several years back.) 
 The ornament features the front of the famous homeplace
 on the front and a peak into the inside rooms on the back.  I love it!
 
I also made some Regency-style ornaments.

I wasn't satisfied with this one featuring the first sentence of Pride and Prejudice.
  I might remake it next year using several different fonts instead of  just one.
Any suggestions?



 
Merry Christmas to old friends and new!
 
Amy
 
For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Saviour,
which is Christ the Lord.
Luke 2:11
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I have been wanting a new flocked tree, too! But have yet to make the purchase. Your ornaments are so pretty and delicate looking. Hope your Christmas was lovely. Happy new year.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete