Friday, March 30, 2012

Vogart Transfer




Here's the Friday Find.




Remember Vogart?  Their transfer embroidery and cross stitch patterns can still be found online and at estate sales, thrift stores, and the occasional garage sale.



You'll notice that this Vogart transfer is for an iron-on motif.  It is not an embroidery pattern.  I found four of these together recently.  The back of the package tells me that Vogart issued a set of nine different patterns.  I'm guessing the company was attempting to appeal at one point to the non-sewer.  The back package shows that the pretty flowers could be ironed onto napkins, tea towels, baby bibs, and toaster covers just like their other embroidery transfer patterns.  You can be sure I'll be on the look-out for those other five Vogarts.




Vogart's transfers are very inexpensive when found and can help the vintage linen collector date an embroidery pattern.  Just take into consideration that sewers often did and still do keep their patterns for decades!  A sewer may have purchased the Days of the Week Vogart set in the 1930's, but she may not have stitched her project until the 40's.  The reason a collector can even still buy these vintage transfers is because the original owner kept the pattern for so long.  Many of the transfers have up to 8 possible uses . . . meaning the owner could iron on the pattern about 8 times before it would wear out.

If you would like additional information on Vogart transfers, or like to see a Master list of all of their patterns, click sewingpalette and search the Learn box.  The site also lists other Vogart blogs and resources.


Have a wonderful weekend.

Amy


"Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work
 in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 1:6


I paid only 20 cents each for my Vogart transfers. 
What's the cheapest you've ever paid?


2 comments:

  1. Oh I love your find! I will tell my Mother in-law (who goes to estate sales ALL the time)to be looking out for her and me some of these transfers.
    I have one in the bottom of a trunk somewhere I need to pull out, but mine is not colorful like yours!
    Have a happy day, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good to have this source. Great find.

    ReplyDelete