Saturday, October 13, 2012

Two For One Quilts

 
 
 
 
I love Pam and Nicky Lintott's Two From One Jelly Roll Quilts book.
 
The Lintott's patterns only require half of a
 jelly roll fabric pack.
Essentially, a quilter could make two quilts
from the book's patterns with only one jelly roll.
Although the quilter would need to buy
 some additional "background" fabric,
the main pattern design comes from the chosen jelly roll.
 
 
A "Jelly Roll" in a quilter's world tops any bakery delight.
Each jelly roll fabric pack consists of about 40 strips
precut to 2.5" by 44".
 
I've recently finished some quilt tops using the Lintott's patterns.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here's the backing fabric I chose for this quilt.
 
 
 
 
 
This is my favorite of the two.
 
 
I had bought a yellow coordinating border material for this top,
but didn't realize until both quilts were made
 that all of the yellow strips were in the other quilt.
 
I enjoyed making both tops,
but would encourage others using the Lintott's patterns
to buy a few coordinating fat quarters to help "fill out"
what colors may be limited
in the chosen jelly roll.
 
 
Since both tops were summer/spring themed,
I've put them away for the fall/winter.
When the tulips start pushing up through the earth,
I'll pull these tops back out to quilt.
 
 
 
Here's a fall project that I've partially completed.
 
 
 
I've used a variegated orange thread for the blanket stitch.
I like the way it pops!
 
 
The oversized ric-rac makes this wall-hanging so cute!
 
 
 
 
Be sure to watch my Etsy shop for the resale of the pattern.
I'll be including the needed ric-rac.
 
 
I basted this project today and am ready now to quilt!
 
 
What are you sewing?
 
Please share . . . . .
 
 
Amy
 
 
 
 
 

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt tops!! You have been busy creating pretties! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy your quilts are beautiful. The fabrics you used are just perfect. Thank you so much for entering my give away. Good luck my sweet friend.
    Hugs
    donna

    ReplyDelete