Monday, February 6, 2012

Meeting Mollie

 

Have you seen any of the new Mollie Makes magazines that have come to us from the UK?  I saw my first one shortly before Christmas at a craft store, but with the hustle and bustle of the season had to sadly leave it on the magazine rack.  I finally came across another copy (not at a craft store) and brought it home with me. 

While $12.00 is difficult for me to pay for a magazine, it is cheaper than the Stampington line of publications.  (That's how I justified the purchase.)  I thoroughly enjoyed the patterns, advertisements, articles, and eye candy photography.  It definitely has a whimsical and vintage appeal which drew me to the previous issue.  Each copy also comes with a small craft kit.  Issue 9 which came out right before Christmas had a small Belle and Boo needle case craft kit.  You can see my finished masterpiece below. 

To get a feel for Mollie Makes visit their blog by clicking here.  To find out more about the artist responsible for the vintage-styled Belle and Boo, click here  The artist's blog has printable paper dolls . . . adorable!

I knew Mollie Makes was for me when I saw an advertisement for a quilt shop in Brighton.  This Jane Austen fan just about swooned.

At this point, I have only seen Mollie Makes at my local JoAnn's store and Books A Million.  Issue 9 is pictured, but Issue 10 is already available.  (Mollie Makes lists by issue number not by month.)


Here's my Belle and Boo needle case and the kit's packaging.


The inside of the needle case.

If you've seen Mollie Makes, let me know what you think about it.

Amy

"Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."  Proverbs 31:10

No comments:

Post a Comment